Saturday, November 29, 2008

A new tradition...



Doug and I were talking about finding a "new tradition" to start for us to do each year at Christmas time. While we were perusing the many stores on Black Friday, Doug had a great idea. We like the little Christmas towns with the post offices, restaurants, houses, etc...sooo our new tradition is....

drum roll please...

Each year we will get a new building for 'our town', and each time the building we get will represent something that we did or that happened that year. This year we got married...and although we were not married in a chapel...we got the "Faith Chapel". Here is a picture with more light so you can see the details better...



Also, we got a clock tower to represent the beginning of our time together as a family. It is a little hard to see in the darker pictures, but it is there.
Here are some more views...





Just one more...



Enjoy your traditions of the season!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea guys! The chapel is really pretty! Do you have a special place, at least for next year, to put it where I won't be responsible the special village being struck by a "tornado"? :) Just kidding! Oh, and I love the clock tower! I still remember how much I loved looking at Pat's town thing she always put up at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I love the idea by the way. Especially about the significance for each year - you will have to be creative. I love Christmas towns! I always thought the candle houses from Germany would look so cool - If I ever find a place to settle down you will have to watch for an around the world village someday in my decor.

    ReplyDelete