Ok so, still not sure why these are called memes but Hannah tagged me so I am to think of six quirky things about myself...which is a hard thing because there are a LOT of quirky things about me so narrowing it down might prove to be impossible.
1. I can't stand doing the same thing every day. Whatever the opposite of 'scheduled' is...that is me. In my life, I have had some years where I was forced to do the same thing, at the same time, every single day...it was H- E- "double hockey sticks" ifyanowhatimean! For the last few years I have been a nanny for a number of families...that profession (besides being evidently inescapable) is quite flexible, therefore I love it!
2. I don't finish things. I do try...but I don't. It's not that I can't, it is just that I don't. Sometimes I start a book, I love it but I don't finish it. Other times I start sewing something...pants, dresses, cross stitch pretties...all never finished. Even college...now there's the kicker...you guessed it...not finished!
3. I LOVE my dog. It is really too bad, the way I love my dog. Growing up my family had a little dog named Princess just like my current dog, Jasmine. Same type of dog, same coloring, same same same...and oh so perfect perfect perfect. During the years that I was without this dog (I realize that I have moved to the place of talking as if they are the same dog)...I dreamed of the dog. I wished for the dog, I had other dogs...none of them were THIS dog. I didn't just want this dog, I LONGED for this dog. Hey, you asked for quirks.
4. Evidently I have inherited something from my dad that no one should have to inherit. Ok, let me explain...in my memories as a kid, MANY of them are marked by dad. Often...and I really do mean often, dad got hurt. I remember dad hitting his head at a church in Kenya, I remember blood, I remember barbed wire, I remember wondering if he was going to pass out right there on the ground. Then there was the time he lost his glasses in the Indian Ocean, and when he 'might have sprained his ankle' for the fiftieth time. The one I think I have the strongest memories of is when he walked on a cement slab that was covering the sewer in Kisumu...and it fell in...and HE fell in. The many helpful pastors that came to help very lovingly laughed and told him it would take a fork lift to get him out of there...he was sure his leg was broken...I was sure he was covered in cockroaches. So...back to me. I have on a few occasions recently found myself in some similar predicaments. Last week, for example, I took a good long tumble down the stairs where I am living...it hurt me...it really hurt my dog. Just this Wednesday, I was at my aunt and uncle's house cleaning. I headed to the laundry room and as I stepped down onto the stairs...they fell in...and I fell in. I am happy to report that there were no cockroaches...but I did have a fleeting though..."I am dad, my leg is broken, I am dad." I did not break my leg...it is just bruised.
5. Sometimes I talk too fast. I am not sure where this came from but people tell me quite often, that I am talking too fast. What? I don't think I am talking too fast...but this is what they tell me.
6. I like moving. I love the change, the unpredictability of events, and the fun of figuring out a new place. Even if it is just across town, it is still fun. You get to put all your stuff out in new places in a new house, or apartment, or room. I love driving around with no idea of where I am or how to get home...but figuring it out anyway. I like to be in a place where nobody knows my name...now if that were entirely true it would seem like I am hiding. Fact is, there are people here who know my name...just not as many as the place I left. I also like having the excuse, "oh, I am sorry, I had no idea that was a one way street, officer, I am new in town..."...no that has never happened, I am just saying..if it ever did...:)
Ok here is who I am tagging... Mel, Janie, Glenna, Pookie, and Dad (or Mom, whichever will do it)
Here are the rules.
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.