Friday, August 12, 2011

Moving and packing and changing and such...

I haven’t blogged in a while, I have a computer now so I am just going to jump right in…
As we begin this move and look forward to starting a new phase of life we are also completing a chapter in our lives. Saying goodbye isn’t always easy and although there are many who we will be missing and a home that we love that we are leaving (as well as three special dogs that we are way too attached to!) this goodbye is somewhat fun and joyful for us. We are excited to get to where we are going, to find out what new challenges we will face and begin school with a goal that marks what we have been looking towards for a couple of years now.
I have never made a move like this as a married person, we have moved across town and gone on trips far far away but we have yet to have had the opportunity to learn what it is like to move the both of us across the country. We don’t deal with change the same. I will be the first to admit that although it is a lot of work and everything, it is still fun for me. Moving brings about so many new opportunities, new friends, new cities…I love it! As excited as Doug is to go back to school, the vast amount of change happening in our lives is a bit overwhelming for him. He is adjusting but it is definitely a learning experience! As for me, the main challenge is the fact that moving is different when you are packing for two. Many of the things he thinks are necessary items I don’t think worthy of the space they will take up as I am sure there are things I am taking that he doesn’t think we need…

Things to do before we leave in ten days:

Sell the truck…this is a biggie and will pay for a big part of our trip. To get to where we are going, we need to sell that truck!

Sell a number of other small items…we are having a sale on Field Street Friday 12th and Saturday 13th to try to accomplish this task!

Finish packing…this is mostly just last minute stuff as we are only taking stuff we use all the time.

Give the dogs to their new owners…but I am not thinking about that until I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment