Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Someone stole my cell phone...

On Saturday I had a garage sale, I had a bunch of people from church give me their old junk so I could sell it in attempts to save up money to see my sister in January. It was a great garage sale, free coffee, hot chocolate and doughnuts, great prices, it was practically a party on my lawn. I have to say this too, if it wasn't for the fact that garage sales start at the crack of dawn, I would love to host them more often. It really is fun! (Side note to anyone planning on doing a garage sale, if you want people to start coming at six-thirty they will come at six...those people are crazy!) Anyhow, during the second hour of my garage party I realized a very important part of my world had gone missing...someone had stolen my cell phone! What is that about!? Funny thing is my first response was the same as my parents..."that is something I expect to happen in Kenya but not here!" So, my regular contact with others has crashed to a screeching halt. I do have a home number but it has no answering machine and I even have a new cell phone now but no one is allowed to talk to me on it for more than 59 seconds at a time...it's a pre-paid-per-minute-rip-off-phone but it faithfully takes my messages and keeps me sane.
So there you have it, that's about as exciting as my life gets right now...
p.s. Some have asked how my parents are doing...they came through Jackson on a quick trip so I got to see them recently. It was good to have them back even if it was for a short time, they are already back in TZ and planning trips to see my other two sisters abroad soon!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I lost my cell phone and can't find it!

    ReplyDelete